Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Begin: garden clean-up, day 1

Today, I am launching my blog. Briefly, I will share what my friend, Gwen, recently called my "new improved life." I am developing habits and making choices that help me sustain myself and the world around me. Happy to share a few glimpses of the joy of the journey!

Thought for today: Rake and sweep up leaves and debris in garden and street front. In my small garden, this takes just about the amount of time for a gym workout, and it is free! (Well, I procrastinated, and the street sweeper came by. Now, I just need to clean up what is left behind!) Great to be out in the fresh air!

2 comments:

Barbara E said...

Hi Janis,
Glad to see your new blog. Looking forward to sharing your garden experiences with native plants and sustainable practices. Still hot here, so I won't be doing much outside. Hope it ends soon.

Janis said...

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for your comment! Honored to have you be the first. Well, life got in the way of blogging/learning since my maiden post. Hope to get back to it soon. Whew, yes, not much going on here either in this heat!